Discuss motherhood struggles in a confidential and therapeutic environment with a qualified social worker.
My name is Karen O'Mara. I'm a mother of two, an experienced social worker, and founder of Making Mama Village. My goal is to help mothers feel heard and supported.
I will hold you in your space. I will ensure that the discussions are gentle, kind, and supportive. The sessions are held in a non-judgmental environment.
Counselling sessions are $140 per hour and are held in Coorparoo.
~ source unknown
Here are some of the motherhood challenges I can help you with:
- Birth trauma - what actually happened and how did you feel? Was it a birth you just can't shake? Do you feel emotional when thinking of your birth or have flashbacks or bad dreams?
- Sleep deprivation
- When your baby won’t stop crying
- When your baby needs to be held ALL. DAY. LONG
- When you are not bonding or connecting with your baby
- When you think you are failing at mothering
- Dealing with criticism and judgment as a mother
- Change in identity since becoming a mother - the loss of your old life, friends, job
- Achieve housework and tasks when you have a new baby and/or toddler
- How to feel competent as a mother
- Dealing with 'mum guilt' and anger
- Postnatal depression and anxiety
- Pregnancy and infant loss
- Pregnancy after loss
- Tips for managing changes in the relationship with your partner
- Transitioning from one to two (or more) children
- Learning gentle parenting
- Separation anxiety in children
- Challenges relating to your child’s behaviour including tantrums and difficulty regulating emotions
- Managing toddler behaviours that trigger negative emotions in you