I am a clinical social worker with more than 25 years experience working with families in play therapy, child protection, hospital social work, along with individual and group counselling for mothers. I have volunteered since 2011 as a breastfeeding counsellor for a non for profit organisation. I strongly believe in supporting women in informed decision-making regarding pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenting and am the founder of Making Mama Village, which supports women in the perinatal period and beyond.
I hold a Certificate of Student and Staff Supervision from the University of Queensland and have provided professional supervision to many staff and students over my career. I am very experienced in leading teams of professionals.
I provide professional supervision to individuals who are looking to build on their clinical skills working with individuals and groups of parents in the perinatal and parenting areas.
In professional supervision, some of the areas I can support you in are:
- Reflect on your clinical skills in an honest, vulnerable and non-judgmental space where you will be listened to and guided by me
- Have a safe space to share your fears and ideas
- Look at imposter syndrome and the scarcity model
- Instill new beliefs
- Learn some practical tools and strategies to assist your practice or business
- Grow your practice or business in the perinatal or parenting space